The station of the Internet of Everything (IoE) is built on the basis of components that together form a unique system to conduct fundamental research (theoretical and simulation), experimental development and provision of commercial services using real elements:
- Advanced simulator of complex network systems including RiverBed Modeler with the ability to create custom devices, support for wired and wireless communication and integration of simulated virtual systems with elements of the real environment, complemented by two auxiliary servers.
- A set of 4 high-performance core switches and 9 aggregation switches allowing to create test topologies together with wireless communication modules, management system and support for IoE class devices.
- Hardware traffic tester/generator allowing to define flows in all layers of ISO/OSI model together with necessary software.
- Security testing system based on BreakingPoint Keysight allowing for creation of flows simulating work of many IoE devices taking into account normal and abnormal traffic (viruses, DDoS attacks, etc.).
- A module of high-power computing servers with multi-processor, multi-core architecture, supporting multi-threading processes, virtualization of operating systems, parallelization of calculations and significant improvement in performance for calculations of various simulation programs also with the use of GPU cards, equipped with virtualization software with an advanced management model, event monitoring and logging system, UPS system and a set of high-throughput switches ensuring data exchange between individual servers.
A specialized position can be used to study the phenomena and interactions accompanying the convergence and emergence of complex processes, hardware, application resources, and people in contemporary and future ICT systems forming the so-called Internet of Everything (IoE) as a manifestation of ubiquitous integration of resources, processes, and people through:
- Modeling and testing of multi-threaded computing processes in Industry 4.0/5.0;
- performance analysis of algorithms: data mining, ML, process discovery including BPMN, multiplecriteria decision making (MCDM);
- implementation and testing of anomaly detection algorithms in network traffic, high-performance enterprise, mainframe processing systems, and communication structures in IoE infrastructure;
- modelling of fluid flow by computational fluid dynamics;
- (CFD) as applied to the optimization and design of complex separation systems for multicomponent mixtures, including in particular mixtures of pharmacologically active proteins, based on ANSYS research software;
- Design and configuration of data processing systems, including genomic data extracted from Oxford Nanopore technology;
- research, exploration and analysis of cloud computing elements including configuration and clustering of server systems (HA);
- testing of redundancy and fault tolerance solutions in the server infrastructure;
- Anomaly detection in distributed systems with correlation of operating parameters;
- Modeling the reliability of distributed systems and their fault tolerance;
- connecting infrastructure elements simulated in a virtual environment to real systems and devices.
Details of the compute server modules can be found in the sub-menu